The De Colores Ministry helps integrate members of our parish who only speak Spanish with the parish community through different activities and events that incorporate our Catholic beliefs and faith.
An important service that this ministry provides is the English as a Second Language (ESL) classes that give our Spanish speakers an opportunity to learn English while introducing them to parish service programs such as Faith Formation. Our ministry also encourages parishioners to participate before, during, and after the Mass with liturgy readings, choir participation, and receptions with cultural treats. We have the following programs:
- ESL Program - teaching English to anyone interested in learning English
- Translator Service Program - this is where we are available for 2 critical times for our Spanish speaking parents with children: Back to School Night (to help our parents have a solid understanding of what is expected of their child for the coming school year), and Parent Teacher Conferences held during November (to clearly communicate how well their child is doing in school and how they can help them do better)
- Mentor Program - Mentoring parents and students to access educational means to succeed in education.
- Hospitality - socials after certain Masses, Giving Tree Christmas, and other fun events
- Dia de los Muertos Remembrance November 12th - when the church narthex is decorated
Throughout the year our ministry works to provide compassionate assistance for members of our community in need. Our ministry welcomes all members of our parish community. For further information or to volunteer for one of our programs, contact Angela Johnson or Ruth Zermeno at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com